1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ppv charges.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by VersionOne, Jul 16, 2011.

1. VersionOne

VersionOne New Member

Jul 16, 2011
    living room receiver: hd dvr. connected to internet; no phone line connection.
    bedroom receiver: hd dvr. not connected to internet; no phone line connection.

last weekend, i ordered a pay-per-view from our home's bedroom receiver. based on what i've read -- because it's not connected to a phone line, and it wasn't ordered online -- the forty-five dollar charge won't show up until i either connect the receiver to a phone line (which i'll never have the need to do) or the receiver has to be sent back to directv for repair/replacement (at which time they'll access the card and charge for the show).

our bill came in this morning via directv's website, and the pay-per-view event was not charged. no indication of it anywhere. which leads me to my first question: despite not being hooked up to a phone line, is there a chance the event will show up on next month's bill, or sometime thereafter?

i'd imagine there's always a slight chance of that happening, but i decided to look back at previously monthly statements to see how long it took for charges to come through. various statements from the past indicate that video on demand pay-per-view movies were ordered through the living room receiver (which is hooked up to the internet), all of which were charged by directv and all of which showed up on the monthly statement the same month they were ordered. this leads me to my second question... is there a difference between the living room & bedroom receivers, and/or the video on demand service and regular pay-per-view services, that would result in one type being charged (the six dollar vod movies) and the other not being charged (the forty-five dollar basic ppv event)?

lots of questions/information here, which i apologize for, but i'm relatively new to ordering pay-per-views and would like to have this clarified before i go forward with purchasing any more pay-per-view events. thanks in advance!

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    the receivers can use SWM to pass PPV info.

3. VersionOne

VersionOne New Member

Jul 16, 2011
    interesting. i recall the bedroom receiver using swm. given that... should it be taking a week for the information to pass through, even with our monthly bill coming today?

4. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    It can take up to 30 days for it to show up on a bill.