1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

PPV Coupon change??

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by lparsons21, Sep 22, 2013.

1. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I was in the process of ordering a PPV with one of my coupons and noticed what seems to be a very quiet change.

1. Max value of the coupon is now $6.99 vice the $5.99 previously

2. Can now order VOD, channels 1 & 501, instead of the 502 and up all day stuff.

2. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    The e-mail I received yesterday notes the following, "Please note that Pay-Per-View certificates are only valid for Pay-Per-View (channels 502-559) and Video on Demand (channels 1 and 501) movies up to $6.99. They cannot be used for movies rented from DISH Anywhere or Blockbuster @Home."

So it does still include the PPV channels, if that was the change you thought you saw.

3. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    The change turns out to be the addition of channels 1 and 501, they didn't used to be part of the deal.

But you can't order them because there is no order ID on those channels as the example on the ordering page shows. :(

Possibly that is coming 'soon'??

4. analogue

analogue New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Well I wasted an hour of my life pushing a CSR to figure out what is going on

- The missing Order ID in the guide is a known issue and will be addressed soon. Further details on that were not available
    - The coupons are now valid for VOD, but without an Order ID you cannot redeem them for VOD online or by phone. You can however, call/chat to get an Order ID for a particular movie and they will manually look it up for you. Whether that is better than just ordering the movie and then making them fix it after the fact is the real question. It is probably more likely that a CSR will know how to credit a VOD order vs. looking up an Order ID if they haven't done that before.

This was a frustrating experience especially since I only have coupons because of the Blockbuster@Home downgrade. For now I will just be using the coupons for normal PPV channels instead of trying to apply them for VOD.

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    According to a post at Satellite Guys, the order ID will show up on at least a 722. But not on Hoppers.

Hope they fix it soon as I have quite a few PPV coupons now and will be getting some more soon.

6. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Where does one get these coupons? I've been with Dish 10+ years and never received a coupon.

7. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Some get them with the first referral, some just got 1 or 2 from the dropping of disks by mail from BB@Home.

And of course, some got some with a phone call or chat, even sometimes by just asking for a couple.

8. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    The current coupons are being issued to Blockbuster @ Home subscribers as atonement for DISH dropping the mail-to-you option. Without looking up the email, I think we get one for each of the next 3 months. I already received my first via email.