1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPV doesn't work anymore across MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by pennStateFootball, Oct 25, 2010.

1. pennStateFootball

pennStateFootball AllStar

Nov 21, 2008
    I have 2 HD DVRs. One HR21 and one HR22. I get most all of the UFC PPV's. Sometimes I get them on the HR22 but watch it on the HR21 through MRV. Now my UFCs on the opposite DVR don't show up on the other one. I can only see the ones that were recorded on that DVR. Did they just do something to not allow that? I got the UFC 121 on Sat on the HR22, watched it on the HR21. Now it doesn't appear on the HR21 at all but is still viewable on HR22. Other PPVs on HR22 are also missing when looking on HR21. I order them through the website.

If they did something to not allow PPVs to be recorded on one and not be watched on the other, that is pretty dumb. And they had to have just done it today.

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You need to make sure that it is purchased on the remote DVR. Once it is purchased, it will show up in the PlayList on the local DVR.

- Merg

3. pennStateFootball

Nov 21, 2008
    Thanks but like I said I watched it remotely on sat night so it was purchased and no longer shows on remote, only local

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Sorry I missed that. Are your other shows that are recorded on the HR22 showing up in the PlayList on the HR21?

- Merg

5. pennStateFootball

Nov 21, 2008
    Yeah. I can see and play remote shows. The only 2 that don't show up on remote are 2 ufc ppv but they are both on local box. Do you know of any policy change? They were both in my playlist yesterday

6. cerrdor

cerrdor Cool Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Not a new policy that I know of, but your not the only person it was some glitch. I can do some research and see what the fix was I don't remember off the top of my head but if I find it I will pass it on.

7. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Have you tried resetting your receivers? Reset the receiver with the recording on it first. Use the Menu Reset and not a Red Button Reset.

- Merg

8. pennStateFootball

Nov 21, 2008
    I rebooted both receivers. Nothing changed, still can't see the UFC's on the remote DVR.

9. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    reauthorize receivers from your account might help.

10. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Don't PPV's go away 24 hours after you've watched them? If you watched it Saturday it would be gone by now.

11. pennStateFootball

Nov 21, 2008
    PPV movies expire. Events do not. I have a ufc from may that I can still watch on local dvr and I can watch the one from sat locally as well. I could watch the one from may remotely until yesterday

12. Sim-X

Sim-X Godfather

Sep 23, 2009
    Did you order the ufc with your remote? Maybe that has something to do with it. Anytime I order a UFC I use my ipod or evo so it auths it to all irds. I didn't record the brock fight though otherwise I would test it for you.

13. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Ordering on-line allows you to order a PPV and then watch it directly on all receivers authorized on an account. When using a remote, it authorizes playback directly on that receiver. However, with MRV, if you record the PPV item, you can then watch the PPV item on other receivers.

- Merg

14. tjbtexas

tjbtexas Cool Member

Nov 3, 2006
    I know that with PPV movies it should work. I ordered a movie Sat using the remote. Started it in one room and finished it later that night from a different room/DVR

:)

15. ewto16

ewto16 Legend

Jul 8, 2008
    I'm unable to oder PPV movies at all with my MRV setup. I can download the movie to my receiver just fine. However, when I got to play it, the movie plays with a large blue box on the screen that says I need to call DirecTV, error 777. Seems to think I don't have an Internet connection.

When you order a PPV online and "record to receiver", what happens next when you want to watch it? I always just have the standard options when I click it in the list that I would for other shows. Play, Delete, view upcoming, etc. Is there supposed to be a Purchase option or is that supposed to appear at some point?

16. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    If you order it on-line, you have already purchased it. You should just be able to Play it.

- Merg