1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPV freezes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bruinfever, Nov 10, 2008.

1. bruinfever

bruinfever Godfather

Jul 19, 2007
    I had a wonderful night on the phone with customer service that shockingly proved no results!!
    I have an HR20-700 in my living room connected by ethernet and ordered PPV by remote. When I ordered the movie on channel 190 the TV froze during the "countdown until showtime" at exactly 4 seconds before the show starts..I changed channels and when I went back I just got a black screen..
    Called a CSR made me reset my receiver and when nothing changed they said they will order the next showing (channel 191) through their system rather than through the remote and that it definitely should work. Again, at exactly four seconds before showtime on the countdown the picture froze and nothing happened! Tried ordering from one of my receivers in the bedrooms and everything worked fine and pictured showed up immediately...CSR couldnt figure anything out and just credited my account...She said that maybe my box needed to be connected through the phone line, but its already connected by ethernet....

Any idea why this would happen?

2. bruinfever

bruinfever Godfather

Jul 19, 2007
    I guess no one has an idea...........

3. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    did you try connecting phone?

4. bruinfever

bruinfever Godfather

Jul 19, 2007
    NO, but I havent connected my phone to any of my HR20-700's and I was able to order on all of them but the one in my living room...They are all connected to the internet through ethernet cable...I thought if you connect through ethernet you dont need a phone line???