1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

PPV still in list after delete.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by drpjr, Jul 20, 2010.

1. drpjr

drpjr Icon

Nov 23, 2007
    Sakatomatoes...
    On 5-14 I used a freebie to watch Avatar in 1080p. I watched the movie in the evening to the end. The next mourning I went back and skimmed through many scenes checking out 1080p in more depth. When I was done I deleted it. About a month later I noticed it was back in the LIST but only on the box it was purchased from, not on my other two boxes. I deleted it again. Today I noticed it's back. It is in the "resume" position from when I stopped watching it before. There is an option to keep. It says it's good till 10-24. I have a few of questions.

1. Why does this keep showing up after I delete?

2. If I "resume" will I be charged again?

3. If I keep. What exactly am I keeping?

I assume that this just gives me the ability to watch/buy this again until 10-24 even if it becomes unavailable before then....EDIT: I should probably add that this is/was the only PPV I've ever done.

2. HerntDawg

HerntDawg Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    Oregon
    1. Because you did not finish watching the movie.
    2. No.
    3. What you didn't watch. and the stuff before that.

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Possibly. More likely, I think, is just to tempt an "impulse buy" at a later date.
    I don't know about that... with PPVs, once you start watching you have 24 hours to finish. If you start watching this again (or resume), you should be prompted again asking if you want to buy it because in all likelihood, you will be charged again.

4. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    I was thinking the OP bought Hot Bush 3: Natural Nymphos or Chocolate MILF 4 and wanted to delete the evidence before the Mrs got home. The thread would've gotten a lot more attention if that was the case....:lol::lol:

5. scrybigtv

scrybigtv Godfather

Jan 25, 2008
    Whoa! My PPVs have always been good for two or three months (can't recall the exact expiration cycle). I've watched many of them multiple times and have never been charged after the initial fee.

6. drpjr

drpjr Icon

Nov 23, 2007
    Sakatomatoes...
    This sound the most logical to me.
    That is interesting. I'll have to do a bit more research.

7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    The 24 hours applies only to movies. Events will stick around until you delete them. It may also only apply to the HD movies, but I'm not sure. When is the last time you ordered a PPV movie? The 24 hour rule has only been in place for several months now.

8. Buster1022

Buster1022 Mentor

Apr 18, 2008
    Just tell your wife that it is a typo, and it should say girls who eat gum.