1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mateom199, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mateom199

mateom199 Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    With my old HR10-250, I could record a PPV show and watch it any number of times for as long as I kept the recording. I'm assuming this was the default behavior, as my box was not hacked, but maybe I just got lucky?

Anyways, the HR20 seems to force you to re-purchase said PPV after a certain time frame. I recorded Beerfest two weeks ago, watched half of it. Went to watch it again and its asking me to purchase it again.

Pretty weak DirecTV. I'm sorry, but after 3 tech visits, my MPEG4 sat signals still suck, and I just keep throwing money at DirecTV, and getting next to nothing in return. Thanks for "allowing me" to "upgrade" to this new box. As soon as Fios is available, seeya later DTV.

2. rminsk

rminsk Legend

Dec 4, 2006
    That is the correct behavior for a HR10-250. Once something was recorded it never had to be repurchased.

3. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    Tell me this ain't true. It can't be.

You mean if I buy a PPV movie/event and save it in my play-list for a few weeks/months are you telling me if I want to watch it again , that I have to repurchase it?

NO WAY, I don't believe it.

4. jknuckey

jknuckey Cool Member

Sep 19, 2006
    PPVs don't work for me either on a consistent basis. When I have problems, I either get a black screen after I record it, or I get the screen asking me whether I want to buy it. This is after ordering online. The PPV records fine on my DirecTivo. I'm getting tired of calling DirecTV to ask to be credited for my PPVs! :mad:

I've done searches on this issue and have seen some posts with people having the same problem, but not as widespread as I expected. Are there people out there who can successfully order and record PPVs consistently?

5. mateom199

mateom199 Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    Can anyone here confirm that what I'm experiencing is a bug, not the intended behavior?
    If so, I can cut DirecTV some slack...

but if they really do expect me to "rent" their PPV's, then someone at DTV is really out of their mind.

Not to mention the fact that it doesn't explain this policy anywhere at all. I was never informed when I bought it, and I haven't found it in the manual. Also, the movie i purchased was an all day ticket. It the recording only good for 24 hours after recording? Well, the recording still worked 4 days after I recorded it. So what exactly is the cutoff date for PPV recordings? It doesn't say anywhere on my HR20...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.