1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Preinstalled multi tenant dish

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by havaloc, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. havaloc

havaloc New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    I live in an apartment complex with a larger (larger than usual) Directv dish on the side of every building (prewired into all apts). It has one LNB on it. Do these dishes receive all the Directv channels?

2. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    More than likely with only one LNB it only recives signal from the 101 degree bird so in that case you will receive all chanels on the 101 bird but not any of the ones brodcast on any of the other satellites.

3. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Basically, you won't be able to get the HD Package, CCTV-9 (455), Once (415), HIT-N (438), Para Todos, or any of the other International packages.

4. havaloc

havaloc New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    So, unless I get HD, I won't be missing anything? Can I still get a DVR? Do I need a phone line?

5. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Correct, and yes you can still get a DVR. You will only need a phone line for the DVR if it is a D*Tivo box and you only need it then for the inital call which can be done somewhere else if needed even if they dont have a dish. The R15 DVR has no need for a phone line at all except for pay per view purchases.

6. havaloc

havaloc New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    One more I forgot about. Are the locals available? (Lansing, MI). I'm guessing no.

7. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.