1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier no longer includes DVR?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by 40-Dan, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 8, 2007 #1 of 19
    40-Dan

40-Dan AllStar

Nov 24, 2006
    On my latest bill from D*, there is a line:

09/25 12/24 DIRECTV DVR Service You Save $5.99 for 3 Months 0.00

Last month's bill reads:

09/04 10/03 DIRECTV DVR Service $5.99/mo Incl Base Pkg 0.00

Does this mean D* is adding $5.99 to my bill as a Christmas present? I have not made ANY changes to my account in the past 11 months.

Dan

2. Oct 8, 2007 #2 of 19
    dbmaven

dbmaven Icon

May 29, 2004
    As of July 13th (if my memory is correct), Premier no longer includes the DVR fee - it is a separate line item.

If you had Premier before that - call them and have the issue corrected.

3. Oct 8, 2007 #3 of 19
    Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, there was an "old" premiere (or was that premium?) that included DVR service, but the new one does not. If you "upgraded" to the new service, then the change would have occurred.

4. Oct 8, 2007 #4 of 19
    Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    The DVR fee is supposed to me grandfathered for subscribers who had the package before the removal. So if you didn't change your package I would call DIRECTV and question what this all means. They should be able to correct any errors.

5. Oct 8, 2007 #5 of 19
    Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    my premier still includes DVR...

I haven't noticed this one before though... Tennessee Satellite Privilege Tax 9.07 ... lol... what garbage...

6. Oct 8, 2007 #6 of 19
    40-Dan

40-Dan AllStar

Nov 24, 2006
    Response to e-mail to D*:

We'll see what next month's bill looks like.

Dan

7. Oct 8, 2007 #7 of 19
    Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Check online .. I would think that this is something that would show up under "recent activity" pretty quick.

8. Oct 8, 2007 #8 of 19
    Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    so I was notcing this charge on my bill also after having Premier now for over 2 years. I called D* a month ago and told them about it and the CSR told me that I should not be getting charged for the DVR Fee and said she would credit my account back for that month. Well I checked my recent activity again now and the DVR Fee is still there so I called D* again today and this time the CSR I talked to was very informed about the situation and she said that ALL Premier subscribers (doesn't matter if your a long time Premire customer or new to Premire) will get the DVR Fee charged to their account seperatly. However, she did offer to credit my account $5.99 per month for a year for the inconvenience.

My prgramming is as follows:

Premier
    ABC/CBS from NY - HD
    Playboy
    HD Access
    MLB EI + SF
    NBA LP
    NFL ST + SF

Not sure if my programming package is what prompted the credit. But anyhow maybe you guys can get the same deal.

9. Oct 8, 2007 #9 of 19
    Chuck W

Chuck W Icon

Mar 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm having the same type of issue, as we speak. I replaced a receiver that had failed, last night and unbenounced to me, the woman set it up so it dropped ALL my current programming and then she readded it. When she did this, it dropped the grandfathering. Now I'm on hold trying to get it regrandfathered because of her screwup.

10. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yes, if you are grandfathered for DVR server, make sure that they add that back in as well. I don't think it happens by default since it seems to plague a lot of folks.

11. Chuck W

Chuck W Icon

Mar 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm having a heck of a time trying to get them to do it. They keep telling me that because I swapped a Tivo receiver(which had failed) with an HR-20, I no longer qualify. WTH? I already have an HR20(that was added at the end of July) AND another Tivo based receiver on my account. I'm never changed my programming. All I did was replace a failed receiver with a new one(which I essentially did in July).

I'm still on hold, but my frustration level rising.

12. mexican-bum

mexican-bum "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of Some"

Feb 25, 2006
    You will need to talk to a supervisor as a rep won't be able to add the package back as there billing system (Rio) won't let them add old grandfather packages. A supervisor will have to do it in STMS. At least this is the way it used to be:)

13. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    What happens if i want to add the premiere package, but am granfahered for the pvr servicefrom when i had my tivos? will they try and charge me the $5.99 fee? right now i have total choice plus locaks and nba league pass.

14. Chuck W

Chuck W Icon

Mar 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yea, I finally got forwarded to a supervisor, who had no problems putting me back under grandfathering. I asked her to forward me twice and both times I was on hold for a while, then she(the CSR) came back and tried to explain why again. When I asked a 3rd time, to be forwared to a supervisor, she, finally did forward me and she had no issues with regrandfathering me. Annoying, to say the least.

15. mexican-bum

Feb 25, 2006
    Thats good:)

16. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    So you are saying that because I have had Premier for over 2 years I should not be getting charged for the DVR service fee, ever!?

I told that to the CSR I spoke with and she said that there is no grandfathering for this situation. She told me that all Current and Future Premier subscribers will be getting the DVR Fee from now on.

Should I call back and demand that I never should have to pay for the DVR fee?

17. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    In most cases, DIRECTV retains "old packages" as long as you had them before a certain milestone date. Once that date has been reached, you can no longer get that package, but if you had it and don't change your programming, you should continue to receive it.

I'm pretty sure that this applies to the DVR charges as well. If you make changes to your account (new/replacement hardware would do that - especially if it is the primary system), then when they add premier back, it will include the charges as they are currently. You will need to baby-sit the process and make sure that they correctly re-add the services (all of them) from your old setup to your new setup. If you don't, and 30 days pass, then getting the corrections becomes more difficult to accomplish.

18. mexican-bum

Feb 25, 2006
    I have yet to be charged for it, just checked online and says "DIRECTV DVR Service - $0.0/$5.99/mo Included in Base Pkg."

19. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Depends on what you mean. If you are referring to the Lifetime DVR service, then check your account .. If it is still there, then you should be fine. If you are referring to not paying it the last time you had premier, then yes you will have to pay the DVR fee this time because the package has changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.