1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier Package

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Bofurley, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 5, 2010 #1 of 10
    Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    I presently have Plus HD Dvr package, with HBO, Starz, protection plan HD Extra Pack. My current bill is $127.56.
    My question:
    I wonder what is included in the Premier package?
    Would it be cheaper for me to change tot he Premier package?
    Thanks for all your feedbacks.

2. Jun 5, 2010 #2 of 10
    scoop8

scoop8 Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    Dallas TX
    I've been a Premier sub since '99 and I've stayed with that pkg after looking into different scenarios to downgrade. I found that, if I want to keep certain movie channels, ie, Starz pack, etc, that I wouldn't save much $$'s per month by downgrading my Premier pkg. I haven't looked at the price structures recently though.

The other reason that I've stayed with Premier is that the "Sportspack" is included in the pkg, as well as all of the "SonicTap" music channels.

3. Jun 5, 2010 #3 of 10
    St Louis Cardinals Fan

St Louis Cardinals Fan Legend

Oct 21, 2006
    I have the Premier package with everything you have ( 4 receivers HD/DVR) and I pay less than $20 per month more than you do.

4. Jun 6, 2010 #4 of 10
    Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    Thanks, St Louis Cardinals Fan, with the 24 month offer of free HD, I changed to the premier package.
    Since I am not signed up for bill pay, I did receive 6 months @$10.00, sctually when all credits were applied, I will receive $25.00 credit for 90 days, and after the 90 days are up, I will receive $20.00 for 90 days.

5. Jun 6, 2010 #5 of 10
    damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Depends on your how many rooms you have.
    4 rooms of service, with DVR service and HD access will run you $147 (Plus taxes if any) for Premium pack.
    Thats not including HD extra pack.

6. Jun 6, 2010 #6 of 10
    SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    For my family's viewing habits Premier is the only way to go.

7. Jan 4, 2015 #7 of 10
    AchillesFlame

AchillesFlame New Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Urr anus
    I currently work tech support for Directv, here is a basic break down of the costs without any discounts or taxes applied.

1.) Premier package = 129.99$ a month and includes all Premium channels HBO, Showtime, Starz, & Cinemax. Encore is bundled in as well but cannot be purchased separate, ie ; Ultimate package, Xtra Package, etc. As well as all available sports channels aside from NFL Sunday Ticket, and normal HD and SD programming
    2.) Advanced receiver HD services ~ 10$ a month (allows access to HD broadcasting) (required services for Genie Receivers)
    3.) Advanced receiver DVR service ~ 10$ a month ( allows recording on capable receivers) (required services for Genie Receivers)
    4.) Whole home DVR service 3$ a month ( allows you to share recordings from all HD-DVR capable receivers to other HD or capable receivers) ~ (required services for Genie Receivers)
    5.) Protection plan ~ 7.99$ a month, Gives you phone tech support, and Technical Service calls for all DTV devices including Dish, and remotes, saves a lot of money in the long run.
    6.) HD extra pack ~ 4.99$ a month, Gives you roughly 10-15 HD channels, starting at channel 565
    7.) Each Receiver ~ 6.00$ a month for each, & you get one free ie ; 3 receivers = 12$ a month

There are many different types of discounts that can be applied to the account, that will lower your bill depending on how long you have been a customer or if you are a new customer. Without taxes or credits your bill would be roughly 178$. If your bill is lower than someone elses or a little higher, it all depends on the promotion that was running at the time. It helps to call in and see what offers are available at the time, if you're a long time customer and feel as if you deserve a credit, call in and say you want to cancel, you will immediately be transferred to the CRG department, ( customer retention group ) they have more power to give 3-12 month credits for customers that think their bill is too high.

8. Jan 4, 2015 #8 of 10
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You realize you're replying to a 4 year old thread?

1 person likes this.
  9. Jan 4, 2015 #9 of 10
    peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    That only applies to EXISTING subs, NEW subs have a totally different price structure

10. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.