1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preview MLB EI Superfan?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Maleman, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    I just turned to channel94 or 95 and I see the Yankees/Tigers game in HD? Is there a preview this weekend again?

I sub to EI but not Superfan stuff.

2. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    No preview. Somebody probably forgot to "flip the switch".

3. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    :hurah: :)

4. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Are you in the Mariners market? The M's game was suppposed to start at 7:05 pm PT. They probably turned it on and the Yanks are running late because of a rain delay.

5. Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    Did you buy the half season of EI?

Superfan was free with the half-season package. At least, that's what they told me when I bought it. And I'm getting all the HD games that they don't foolish blackout...

6. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Hmm actually I was thinking about that as well. Yes I am in the Mariners market but there game is shown in HD on channel 96, Yanks on channel 95?

7. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    96 would be the MPEG4 (spotbeam) version. 95 will have the MPEG2 national version. If the Yankee game ever ends. They are in the bottom of the 7th...

8. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Nope. But I will be checking in the next few days and see if I am in fact getting that FREE.

I did notice both 95/96 did show Mariners/WhiteSox, one Whitesox broadcast and one Mariners I guess.

But I think the previous poster is probably correct. They just forgot to flip the switch. Why is the Yanks game sooo long lol. Too bad their winning.

9. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Hey thanks! I am thinking maybe I will get the HD games now. I would never have checked unless your post and now I notice I am getting channel 731HD.

Gosh I hope I wasn't getting this all year round. :rolleyes: I know at the beginning of the season I wasn't so maybe they just added this in the second half?

Thank u

10. FreddyC

FreddyC Cool Member

May 13, 2007
    There is nothing on HD like baseball in my opinion!

I don't have the Superfan this year (just got HD last month) but fully intend on having it for '08. Do any of you guys know if they plan on expanding it? I check the program guide and it seems there are only a couple of games each day on the HD channels. Thanks, Freddy

11. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Um, no.

I will repeat. 96 was the local MPEG4 spotbeam coverage. 95 was the MPEG2 national coverage. Both Mariners broadcasts.

Both would be available to you as a local Mariners customer. The Yankee game ran over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.