1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Price Increases

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Link, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    So with the HD for Life promotion or option, I've noticed other packages are going up $2.00.

Top 200 is now $54.99 from $52.99 and HBO/Showtime is now $24 from $22, then the superstations individually have gone from $1.50 to $2.00 and the package itself has increased to $1.01 to $7.00.

Wasn't it just in March, the changed their receiver pricing? I know I dropped the extra 625 receiver from our bill because it was going to be $17 extra a month and was only $10 before.

This latest price increase is offset by the HD for Free but those who don't have HD would see the increases.

2. tpwillie

tpwillie Cool Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I got hit with another increase. My locals had a $1.00 discount because we are missing ABC. That discount is gone now so our bill went up the normal $2.00 and the additional $1.00 for a total of $3.00 increase., plus the increase earlier this year. In February of 2009 our bill was $63.10, now it is
    $68.47, almost an 11% increase in 16 months. Time to start looking at options.

Lou

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yes, for me with HD it is a $4 increase, though as I posted elsewhere it's a $1.02 increase over 2008-09 billings for the same packages and equipment.

I see the combination of the February 1 restructuring of equipment charges and the June 3 rate restructuring as designed to "encourage" SD customers to move to HD. Partly, it is an indication that TV will soon be a synonym for HD TV much like it became for color TV in the early 1960's.

But personally I think it is also part of Dish's effort to get customers to initiate replacing the old SD DVRs that are the "listed" DVRs in the TiVo case.

4. david_jr

david_jr Godfather

Dec 10, 2006
    My bill went up just over $3. I think the federal tax rate went up on it too.

5. tpwillie

tpwillie Cool Member

Apr 15, 2010
    If they want to replace the old receivers I think they would be offering deals to get people to buy new ones.

Lou

6. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Yet they are offering $0 upgrade fee on all mpeg2 receivers including 512/522/625's. :confused: