1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

price matching lower package prices?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by millervt, Apr 16, 2010.

1. millervt

millervt Cool Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I signed up for directtv about 2 weeks ago..and I just noticed that they are now offering a discount for the second year of your obligation, which wasn't offered 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to try and get that (I assume not?). Or from experience, a year from now, will there be options to reduce the cost of the package somehow?

Obviously i'm prepared to pay the full amount in the second year if I have to, I just find it annoying to have this happen a couple of weeks after I sign up. Yes, I know, it happens all the time, but its still annoying.

Just curious what the experiences are for people who have had directtv for a number of years are? thanks!

2. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    You still got a better deal than many of us.

When I signed up (7 years ago) I paid full price for my receivers and there were no discounts on the packages. Starting last year, they gave me 3 months of a premium as an anniversary gift. I also got a $10 discount for six months a while back (without asking after making a program change).

3. paragon

paragon Godfather

Nov 15, 2007
    Back when I went to school, I had to walk uphill in the snow both ways!

4. gphvid

gphvid Godfather

Jun 19, 2007
    Thousand...
    ...barefoot!

5. drpjr

drpjr Icon

Nov 23, 2007
    Sakatomatoes...
    You can't win if you don't play.:lol: Call and ask. Tell them if you had known about the upcoming discount you would have waited. Stay humble and see if there is anything they can do. Good chance you get the/a discount.

6. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    ....in the middle of a blizzard, with only a burlap sack as a jacket.

7. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    +1

Really is your best option. Just stay nice and calm and see what they will do for you.

8. kroche22

kroche22 Mentor

Jul 22, 2008
    You signed up a couple weeks ago, is it installed yet? If it is not installed yet maybe cancel your order and re-order under the current deal. Or tell DTV that's what your going to do and see if they adjust the offer.

9. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    In a one room schoolhouse with a wood stove in the corner.

10. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007

And we were thankful, damnit!

11. marquitos2

marquitos2 Legend

Jan 10, 2004
    I got it pretty good with them, got a few times freebies.