DBSTalk Forum banner

price matching lower package prices?

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  marquitos2 
#1 ·
I signed up for directtv about 2 weeks ago..and I just noticed that they are now offering a discount for the second year of your obligation, which wasn't offered 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to try and get that (I assume not?). Or from experience, a year from now, will there be options to reduce the cost of the package somehow?

Obviously i'm prepared to pay the full amount in the second year if I have to, I just find it annoying to have this happen a couple of weeks after I sign up. Yes, I know, it happens all the time, but its still annoying.

Just curious what the experiences are for people who have had directtv for a number of years are? thanks!

#2 ·
You still got a better deal than many of us.

When I signed up (7 years ago) I paid full price for my receivers and there were no discounts on the packages. Starting last year, they gave me 3 months of a premium as an anniversary gift. I also got a $10 discount for six months a while back (without asking after making a program change).

#3 ·
bobnielsen said:
You still got a better deal than many of us.

When I signed up (7 years ago) I paid full price for my receivers and there were no discounts on the packages. Starting last year, they gave me 3 months of a premium as an anniversary gift. I also got a $10 discount for six months a while back (without asking after making a program change).
Back when I went to school, I had to walk uphill in the snow both ways!

#5 ·
You can't win if you don't play.:lol: Call and ask. Tell them if you had known about the upcoming discount you would have waited. Stay humble and see if there is anything they can do. Good chance you get the/a discount.

#7 ·
drpjr said:
You can't win if you don't play.:lol: Call and ask. Tell them if you had known about the upcoming discount you would have waited. Stay humble and see if there is anything they can do. Good chance you get the/a discount.
+1

Really is your best option. Just stay nice and calm and see what they will do for you.

#8 ·
You signed up a couple weeks ago, is it installed yet? If it is not installed yet maybe cancel your order and re-order under the current deal. Or tell DTV that's what your going to do and see if they adjust the offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.