1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Price of X-Box, PS2 to drop in April

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Nick, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    The WSJ reported today (Friday) that MicroSoft, maker of the X-Box, will drop the price of its game machine by $30, to $149 next month. The X-Box's main competitor, Sony's Play Station 2 is expected to follow suit.

Yahoo story

Other unconfirmed sources predict X-Box will drop to $99 before year end, in anticipation of the release of X-Box II

2. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Hmmmm. Might have to buy another for when Halo2 ships. Cooperative and head to head games will be real fun when we can't cheat and look at their viewscreen..

3. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I was almost ready to fork out the cash for a Play Station 2 earlier this year, solely for the Grand Theft Auto series. But I got GTA3 for PC last month and GTA2 for PC can be had at WalMart for $9. I don't know if Vice City is out for PC yet or not, but I'm sure eventually I'll get it. I'm not really a gamer but from watching TechTV there are a few games out there I'd enjoy, Mafia, VIII and GTA, but I'd rather have them for PC rather then consol. I never took advantage of my graphics card in my last computer, but I want to take advantage of it in my new one.

4. Jasonbp

Jasonbp Godfather

Jun 17, 2002
    MS; lowering the Xbox, and you know Sony will follow with a PS2 drop. I doubt Nintendo would drop (below $99) because they "can't" meet the demand now, because of the "shortage".

Oh...and the L.E. Xbox its talking about is: "Halo Elite Force Limited Edition Xbox". You get: the "Halo" game, an Xbox in transparent green (with the 'Halo' logo on the Xbox) with a controller to match.

5. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Halo is the MOST addictive game since Doom hit my computer in 1993.

The PC version is nowhere near as good to the XBox version due to slowdown issues and various other glitches (and you thought only E* had problems with technology).

After 30 months of having this game, I STILL play it frequently with my son and I, who have become quite the alien invasion repellers. BTW, if your curious, I've finished it on the hardest level (try to get there if you can... a slightly different ending shares a tender moment between a Covenant Elite and a Marine before the Halo World blows up......

6. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    My favorite is still Morrowind. I bought the Game Of The Year Edition at Christmas. I put about 200 hours of play into the origianl game and have about 100 hours in GOTY.

I prefer strategy games over arcade shooters simply because my motor skills aren't that great - used them up in real "shooters" in Southeast Asia. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.