1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pricing on the new HD DVR when it comes out?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by patblue03, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patblue03

patblue03 Cool Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Maybe this has been answered already, but what is the cost lookin like for the new HD DVR when it comes out. If you are already a directv customer but didn't get the hr10-250 in anticipation, how much will it be, $100? $300? $1000?

Thanks!

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    When The Product Is Available You Will Have An Answer, Until Then It Is Anybodys Guess.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I am sure it won't be a $1,000

You are probably looking at on par to the HR10-250... in the sub $400 range.
    But that is only an educated guess, not based on any information given.

We should over the next few weeks start to hear about the details for cost.

4. uncrules

uncrules Godfather

Dec 20, 2005
    I know this is an expensive piece of equipment to make but for a lot of people I know or see on Internet message boards, the upfront costs will always keep them away from D*. When people can get an HD-DVR with no upfront costs from cable they aren't going to spend $400 to lease the same from D*.

5. AnonomissX

AnonomissX Godfather

Jun 29, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    I wish I knew, however, it it not written in the stars that I will always know what is going on ;)

6. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    I don't know about that - I still see LOTS of posts of peeps leasing the H10-250 and paying $399 upfront lease cost. Remember one thing - you and I (and we are the OVERWHELMING MINORITY) go on message boards or forums about these things. Most simply walk into BestBuy or CircuitCity (or see a friend that has one) and decide to get it. DirecTV really doesn't do too much advertising to existing subs to get new stuff.

An example is yesterday - they put out a Press Release regarding the new interactiviy available on the YES Network during Yankee games. Ask your friends (not the ones reading the forums) if they are aware of this NEW feature. Highly unlikely.

I live in the NY DMA - I didn't get an email from them about it (I have paperless billing from them), I didn't get a mailing from them, etc. The press release says I am entitled to a FREE SD IRD or DVR so that I can use the interactivity - don't you think they would let their subs know about this? Guess what - they DIDN'T!

Hell - they haven't let existing subs know about the RSN-HD local stuff yet either!

7. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I read late fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.