1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Primeval: New World - Acquired by SyFy

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drucifer, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Oct 3, 2012 #1 of 21
    Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Syfy Acquires "Primeval: New World" from Entertainment One

SOURCE

2. Oct 3, 2012 #2 of 21
    lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    FANTASTIC!!!!

The original Primeval that was on BBCA was very well done and was one of my favorite shows.

There are still rumors that it will get brought back, but the issue was production costs and I doubt it.

Now we need to talk SyFy into getting Contiuum!

3. Oct 3, 2012 #3 of 21
    yall2

yall2 Mentor

Dec 5, 2010
    Is Lost Girl any good?

4. Oct 3, 2012 #4 of 21
    Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    If it has anything like the production values of the original Primeval, it will be great, so this is very good news. If it is done mainly on-the-cheap like some of these shows, then it will tank pretty quickly.

I'm not sure I understand the USA audience. The complete rejection of Charlie Jade was unexplainable to me, as the show was quite good. (I had to purchase the DVDs to see it though, :( so I wonder how this will fare.)

5. Oct 3, 2012 #5 of 21
    The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I had heard that too and that at one point Starz was going to produce it, but it never happened. I'll definitely give this one a try. I just kinda hope that don't just take the same stories from the original though.

- Merg

6. Oct 3, 2012 #6 of 21
    lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Yes it is very good. And with a pair of hotties in the lead roles, it is some fine watching too! :)

7. Oct 3, 2012 #7 of 21
    Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    I was going to watch Primeval when it first came to the states, but never got around to watching it, so I guess I'm going to have to catch up on Primeval on Netflix ... if it's there.

8. Oct 3, 2012 #8 of 21
    lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    It is on Netflix. All seasons.

9. Oct 4, 2012 #9 of 21
    armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Just as long as the new "monsters" are not combinations of 2 existing species that have mated and made a new one in the future that now has the name of both pushed together..

10. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    You're the first person besides myself that ever wayched Charlie Jade. I thought the show was terrific!

11. RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    I watched Charlie Jade also.

12. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Charlie Jade was a great show. Was there more than one season that was not aired here in the U.S.?

- Merg

13. longrider

longrider DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    Another fan of Charlie Jade here, while a second season was discussed it never happened. I think there was just too much going on considering it was a Canadian production company working in South Africa and was getting support from both the Canadian and South African governments.

I watched it on SyFy and had to get the DVD after that. Fortunately my Bluray player can transcode PAL DVDs and is region free (at least on PAL format)

14. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Completely off topic:

Charlie Jade was a flawed production due to changes in writers and direction (what was with those blue stones, and then that subject was just dropped, why were 01 and Charlie the only ones who could cross universes at will, and what did water have to do with the crossing, etc). It was a darn good idea and story. And a great name "VEXcore" for the evil company.

A second season was planned, but never greenlit.

15. longrider

longrider DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
  16. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Several of my friends and I watched Charlie Jade.

17. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    The original Primeval was really good until they started killing everybody off, and dropping the original cast. For some reason, I tlerated it on MI-5 better than Primeval. I hope they don't have such a volitile cast on P:New World.

18. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Syfy's Newest Original Series "Sinbad" and "Primeval: New World"
    Will Premiere Saturday, June 8

READ MORE

19. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Great news! I was getting discouraged that this new Primeval would ever show up.

The old one was so good, but looks to never actually be revived.

20. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    I've seen a couple of the British Sinbad's that SyFy is going to run paired up with Primeval and didn't really like it. It's a mix of historical setting, hip contemporary and was a muddled mess.

But back to the main topic, I hope the US version of Primeval is much fun as the original. That first episode with the dinosaur stomping through suburbia was pretty cool.