1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Primeval UK vs Primeval New World

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by TBoneit, Jul 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Hi,

I watched Primeval New World and it was OK.

Then I watched Primeval UK, Season 1 episode 1.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HythBud4Yjo
    and it was better. That is what we should be getting. Is it just me or ??

Any Thoughts
    TBoneit

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    It was a good show that was cancelled after 5 seasons but only had a total of 36 episodes. ANdrew Lee Potts was actually in the pilot episode of new world to tie it in..

3. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    As the story goes, the British version was cancelled over money. There was a lot of talk for awhile about it coming back, even Hannah Spearitt thought it would get back on the air. But alas, as we've seen it didn't happen.

This new version from Canada just isn't the same at all. I loved the Brit version but can't quite get into this one though I've kept the timer. From what I've read it wasn't real popular in Canada either and was a one and done season, same for Sinbad.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    One simple rule.. The British Versions of shows are ALWAYS better. Coupling, The Office, Red Dwarf (Two failed US pilots that really sucked), IT Crowd (Failed US pilot), and the list goes on.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    The first issue I have with "New World" is that it assumes that the government isn't aware of or is ignoring the "anomalies" even though Potts was in the first episode - somehow raptors roaming the alleys and byways is a private sector problem. The Brit version involves a secret government agency and one angle is the private sector is trying to find a way to make money on the anomaly portals.

I like the actors, but so far the episode plots have bordered on silly IMHO. And then there's is this: Canada's Space Channel Cancels 'Primeval: New World.

6. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Is it me or are the special effects (Dinosaurs) better done in the UK version too?

Hannah Spearitt, What can I say! Scrumptious!

Red Dwarf. I first ran across that on PBS, Then Netflix had it too. Funny if corny show.

Andrew Lee Potts is in Two episodes according to IMDB FWIW.

7. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    The ratings of Primeval New World have apparently been poor on the Syfy channel as well as Space, so they are not going to continue to broadcast the show on its regular Saturday time slot (the same with Sinbad). They will have a marathon in August where they will be showing the entire remainder of the series.

I know that they expected the UK version of Primeval to continue because there was a substantial hook at the end of the final episode going into a new season. Sadly, it never happened. I wish they had just cut those few seconds out of the final episode. :)

8. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Already being discussed:

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/206644-syfy-burning-off-primeval-new-world-and-sinbad-early/

9. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    The one exception to this is Being Human, IMO. The US version is somewhat better than the British version.

10. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    I'm still waiting for the U.K. version.... can't wrap my head around this version... :)

11. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Why wait? It's on Neflix.

12. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I'd go to Netflix or Amazon because the UK version started being aired on August 9, 2008 on BBCA and the last season finale was aired on December 17, 2011 on BBCA. If you're an Amazon Prime customer seasons 1-4 are available free, though the six episodes of Season 5 cost $9.99 total for all six.