1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prison Break: Sara to return for Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by rcoleman111, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Apr 8, 2008 #1 of 19
    rcoleman111

rcoleman111 Guest

TV Guide reported that Sarah Wayne Callies will return to the show full-time for Season 4.

2. Apr 8, 2008 #2 of 19
    bigwad

bigwad Godfather

Oct 19, 2006
    Headless?!?!?!

3. Apr 8, 2008 #3 of 19
    chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    Wow. I didn't believe you so I looked it up myself. Here's the link (LINK) for anyone who wants to read it.

I liked her character, but I've gotta say this is probably the lamest thing the producers have/could do, and they've already done some lame stuff. What's next? Will Michael wake up before robbing the bank in season 1 and realize it was all a dream? Bringing her back means that nothing is out of bounds on this show and there is absolutely no trust between the creators and the audience. They might as well have a UFO come down and beam Michael and the gang out of whatever predicament they get into next.

4. Apr 8, 2008 #4 of 19
    rcoleman111

rcoleman111 Guest

Linc only saw her head in the box for a split-second and it was kind of dark at the time. It could have been anyone - at least, that's what the producers are saying. I wondered at the time if that might be a way of bringing her back, or if that's what they planned all along in the event her contract was resolved.

5. Apr 8, 2008 #5 of 19
    d max82

d max82 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    Yes but LJ said he saw them kill Sara when they were captured. I was hoping the before he said that that it was someone else's head in the box just as you said, but when LJ said he saw it I thought for sure it was a done deal.

6. Apr 8, 2008 #6 of 19
    tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    :icon_lame :icon_lame :icon_lame

7. Apr 8, 2008 #7 of 19
    Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm glad I dropped this show third episode of third season ... I'm not even "spoiled" by the title! :p

8. Apr 8, 2008 #8 of 19
    BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    This is excellent news! I hadn't thought it possible before, but now season 4 can be about getting Tweener out of prison.

(not intending here to make light of the actual tragic event, just my warped view coming through)

9. Apr 9, 2008 #9 of 19
    rcoleman111

rcoleman111 Guest

This past season was my least favorite of the three. It was like a re-do of the first season in a different prison. "Prison Break" was one of my favorite shows in seasons 1 and 2. I think the producers realize they need to get back to the kind of storylines they had in Season 2. Since a lot of the shows fans have been wondering if Sara was really dead and clamoring for her return, this is great news.

10. rcoleman111

rcoleman111 Guest

I don't remember that, but it could easily be explained. If they went to the trouble of putting a lookalike head in a box, they could just as easily have made LJ believe he saw them kill Sara.

11. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    I sure thought at the time that it would be someone else, but I, too, was convinced when LJ said he saw her die. Well, we've suspended disbelief so far, but they're pushing it.

I guess that changes the storyline considerably for next season, or will it still be about revenge for Sara since Michael doesn't know she's alive?

12. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    LJ actually said he was in the room but turned his head or closed his eyes when they killed her. Easy out for the creators.

13. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    i might be way off the wall here, but considering who kidnapped LJ is a big secret government underworld with a endless supply of resources. couldn't they just brainwash LJ on thinking he saw Sara killed?

14. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    You're over thinking it. The producers killed Sarah, changed their minds, then unkilled her. They cheated so they can make up any lame story they want as to how everyone was "fooled."

15. jwebb1970

jwebb1970 Legend

Oct 3, 2007
    Hey....if Ben Linus or Charles Widmore (whoever was responsible) could come up w/ 300+ corpses & plane remnants to "fake" the wrekage of Oceanic 815, fake Sara head in a box is no giant leap in logic.

Sorry for the LOST reference.

Did always think that Sara could come back in this manner. Her "death" seemed a bit rushed. Now, that is explained (how well remains to be seen).

16. gulfwarvet

Mar 7, 2007

nope not over thinking it as you would say. just speculating on how they might explain her being still alive as a story line.

17. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    I think the show creators were keeping the possibility of her returning to the show when they had the kid say specifically that he didn't actually see it happen. Left them some "wiggle room" in case she did want to come back.

18. gulfwarvet

Mar 7, 2007

hum, i'm only speculating on what season 4 story lines i would rather see to explain how she still lives. i know that the way the writer's done it in season 3 left some "wiggle room" on how or if they could bring Sara back.

19. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    I was really disappointed to see the character killed off, but I think this resurrection is extremely LAME!

Also what country will they be thrown into prison this time?