1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem extending recording on HR20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rrbhokies, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrbhokies

rrbhokies Legend

May 10, 2004
    Last night, I was recording the football game on ESPN HD. The recording was set for 3 hours from 7:30 to 10:30PM. Realizing that the game was going to go over, I went into the menu and extended the recording for another hour. Several things happened:

When I went back to watching the game via the recording, the time bar on the bottom of the screen still only showed 3 hours, not 4.

I had to exit the recording, and then restarted the recording from the beginning. Only then did it display 4 hours.

So, I thought everything was fine, so I left the room and went to do something else. When I came back later, it stopped recording at 10:40PM, 3 hours and 10 minutes into the program. For whatever reason, it just decided to stop recording 10 minutes into the extended buffer time.

Not sure what I would have done wrong and thinking it's just another quirky bug with the HR20.

2. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Yep, padding recordings is a well-known bug. I hope this is something that's high on the dev team's fix list. Anyway, the easiest work-around is just to record the next-scheduled program in the guide as well.

3. bighurtm

bighurtm Cool Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Thanks to info reported on this board, I didn't even try to pad the game last night. Just recorded SC after the game. It's a pain, but it works. Seems the padding issue really becomes a problem on the three hours shows (i.e. football & hockey). Tried to replicate the padding problem on a 30 minute show extending for another hour and didn't have a problem. Haven't tried to extend a 30 minute show for three hours to see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.