1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem getting receiver refund

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by winste, Nov 23, 2011.

1. winste

winste Cool Member

Mar 22, 2007
    I am getting pretty frustrated with D*.

Try to make a long story short.

Back in August my wife got very frustrated with the slow responsiveness of our HD DVR. She ordered a new one on line thinking it was a broken receiver.

I explained, thanks to this site, that it is a software issue that is common.

Within 30 days we called to return the receiver and get a refund. The new one was never activated.

They sent the return box for the wrong receiver, one we wanted to keep. I called back and got a new return box with the correct RID.

Sent it back. Tracking indicated they received it 10/20. We did a lot of travelling during that time hence it took a while.

On 10/21 they charged my account $175 for non return of a receiver.

Over the last month I have made three calls specifically to try to get my initial $150 receiver fee and the $175 fee refunded.

They have said next bill for the $175 and up to 30 days for credit card refund on the $150.

I can't imagine it takes so long to get the $150 refunded and they should be able to get the $175 to show on my account activity immediately. Charges certainly show immediately.

After thanksgiving I am planning on calling and asking to speak to a supervisor.

Am I being unreasonable? Any suggestions on how to get my $325 back?

Thank you.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Put together a nice email explaining everything and send it to: ellen.filipiak@directv.com
    Her group should get in touch with you and come to a reasonable solution.