1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem on 508 selecting a recorded event

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by digital223, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digital223

digital223 Legend

Dec 18, 2002
    when i want to play a movie from my recorded event list, on my E* 508, I have to guess where I should place a check mark to select from the list. prior to this suddenly happening, i could see a cursor for each movie as i scrolled down the list. now i have to guess at where the cursor is, and then press the select key on the r/c so that i can see which movie i have selected. is anyone else having this problem?

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    No. What's your software level?

3. digital223

digital223 Legend

Dec 18, 2002

4. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    I just hit DVR (or Menu 8) on my 501 (same software - 300) and I don't understand what you mean by "check mark".

When you enter that screen, the current item is highlighted (bright white instead of a dimmer off-white). Up & Down move the highlight bar, select brings up the items with the standard buttons.

5. digital223

digital223 Legend

Dec 18, 2002
    Simple,

I mistakenly said check mark, I really meant "Select".
    But there is very little difference if at all, with the highlighted movie I would want to choose, then there is with the rest of the list. Awhile back this was not the case.
    However, as I think about this problem, I seem to believe that this may be a phenomenon due to surgery which was recently performed on my eyes.

Thanks for your assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.