1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Problem programming rc71 remote for olevia tv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by PatD, Jul 21, 2013.

1. PatD

PatD New Member

Jul 21, 2013
    I am having a problem programming my rc71 remote to control my Olevia model 232 flat screen. I have tried several codes, but they only allow me to control the tv volume, but will not turn the tv on or off. I have discussed this problem with Direct Customer Service but they but they were unable to find a code that would work. My old rc64 remote works just fine. Any one else able to solve this problem?

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    There are quite a few issues that I've found with the RC71 controlling TV's. In my case, it won't work very well with my Samsung HCM5525W. In my case, I can't find a code that will work at all with it. I am using my RC65RB remote instead.

BTW, welcome to DBSTalk!

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Herb-

I set mine (Sammy plasma) up without codes. Er, IIRC!

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Whose Herb?

- Merg