1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem recording season

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JasonK94Z, Mar 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z Mentor

Jul 16, 2007
    I have been trying to move some of my season recordings to different times. Say it first airs at 7pm, then again at 10pm. Everytime I try to record the entire season of a show at 10pm, it records it at 7pm. Then if I erase the 7pm recording from the to do list, it also cancels the 10pm shows. What the heck gives here? If I choose to record the entire season at the 10pm showings only, why can't I?
    Sure the dvr is available at 7pm, but I don't want to be stuck watching one of the shows being recorded at the time because I'm recording one other show at 7pm too. Is this a recent change? I don't remember having this trouble last year.

2. Malibu13

Malibu13 Lifetime Achiever

Sep 12, 2004
    N.E North...
    Series Links will normally pick up the first showing. Make sure when you cancel the recording, that you cancel only the episode and not the Series Link.

3. EricJRW

EricJRW Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    Keller, TX
    Or you could do a manual recording (every week) of the second time slot.

4. vansmack

vansmack Godfather

Aug 14, 2006
    Hmm. I am not experiencing that with the Daily Show at 8 and 10. I cancel the 8 o'clock showing all the time and it never misses the 10 o'clock showing. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Did you delete an earlier SL and create a new one (I'd like to to recreate the exact setting when testing)?

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Or, set both of them, but assign the other show a higher priority in the Prioritizer. If both tuners are in use, it will push the show in question to record on the next available showing (i.e., the 10pm slot). The Prioritizer allows this stuff to be done automatically.

So, for example, if your 2nd show didn't air one week, the DVR will automatically record the first show at 7pm, and the next week, when the 2nd show does air, the first show will be pushed back to the 10pm showing.

The advantage to this method is that when shows get moved around in the schedule, as the networks are doing more and more these days, the DVR will be able to follow it around without you having to make manual corrections all the time or lose recordings. As long as your Prioritizer is set correctly, losing a show will be rare and manual intevention rarely needed.

6. TommyPickles

TommyPickles New Member

Nov 13, 2008
    I kinda have the same problem, I need to record 3 shows (House, Big Bang Theory, and Dr. G) Prioritized in that order on Monday @ 8pm, but Dr. G is also on again at 11. I checked the To-Do list and it of course it said it wouldn't record Dr. G at 8. but it also wouldn't record the one at 11. My Tivo would record the second showing one if there was a conflict like that. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to get another DVR so I can record 3 shows at once...i have a R22 by the way.