1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem skipping ahead to bookmarks

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by PR Buick, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PR Buick

PR Buick AllStar

Oct 12, 2006
    I thought that we were supposed to be able to press and hold the :30sec skip button (HR-20 700) to move to the next bookmark. I've tried this over and over, and all it does is move me to the end of a recording (ignoring the bookmarks I've set.) Is there a trick to this, or am I going off bad info?

2. John in Georgia

John in Georgia Godfather

Sep 24, 2006
    Try press and hold for a couple of seconds only. Alternatively, you can go to the Quick Menu and select the bookmark you want. I find this method to be faster.

3. PR Buick

PR Buick AllStar

Oct 12, 2006
    Thanks--I actually just noticed the menu option. That might be easier. I've tried holding down the button for less time, but it didn't work. I also got it to work sporadically by holding down the FF button. (50/50 success rate)

4. John in Georgia

John in Georgia Godfather

Sep 24, 2006
    Skip to mark worked pretty well for me with my remotes on IR, but when I changed them to RF, it became pretty unreliable.

5. millercentral

millercentral Mentor

Oct 24, 2007
    Press and hold is a terrible user interface for remotes -- not responsive and prone to error, especially with unversal remotes. I hope they will consider mapping this functionality to another behavior.

6. Xaa

Xaa Icon

Nov 17, 2005

I believe press and hold FF is the way to skip to tick or bookmark. Sounds like the press and hold 30 sec button is functioning how it should.

7. gcisko

gcisko I am Iron Man!

Sep 27, 2006
    What you were doing is to get to the end of the buffer just like what happened :D Holding the skip back button will go to the beginning of the buffer. The tic mark advance is 3 seconds with FF or RW. On my harmony it is 3 seconds then a quick single press. But it works every time.

8. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    To skip to bookmarks, you use the FF and REW buttons, not the 30 second slip/skip button. The bookmarks are treated like a tick and if there are ticks in the way, you will stop at them.

As you discovered later in the thread, the menu method is more reliable and works much better. You can select any bookmark in the recording, not just the next one and the ticks don't get in the way.

I would like to see the ticks listed in that menu because the skip to tick method is horrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.