1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with fuzzy lines using Component Cable.

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by allenwoodruff, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenwoodruff

allenwoodruff Cool Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Here is my situation, I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a Samsung 42” plasma mounted on my living room wall. It is hooked up to the 622 in my bedroom using a 50 ft component cable from monoprice. I also have a HDMI to DVI cable from Monoprice run to the TV but I an not using it since I have never been able to get a picture from the 622 using it.

My problem is that I am getting a bunch of fuzzy lines. It was so bad that the guy calibrating my TV could not get a reading on his computer using my cables. He said that I likely was getting interference from an electrical line. I do have an electrical line, for the TV power, run up the wall along side my audio and video cables. Should I try to separate the electrical cable from the video and audio cables? I have called Dish and they tell me that the reason that the HDMI is not working is because of a software issue and will be corrected soon.

I have read on this forum where some people have had success getting DISH to send a replacement 622. Should I push them for a replacement hoping that the HDMI will work and fix my fuzzy lines or will I still have the same problem with HDMI or is it possible that I just have a bad component cable? It was a really tough fish job to run the cable and I don’t want to rerun a new cable unless absolutely necessary.

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Your problem is probably the long component cable. Relocate the 622 to near the TV and if the problem goes away, we know it is the long cable.

3. epontius

epontius Cool Member

Jul 19, 2007
    I would think that relocating the 622 and tv closer together wouldn't necessarily eliminate the long run since the length is staying the same (though it may eliminate interference along the run)....right?

Erik

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    DUH, move it closer and use shorter cables, preferably <10'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.