1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with HD download on Ch. 1338

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mdavej, Dec 9, 2008.

1. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Tried to download HD version "Take 6: Hark The Herald Angels Sing", but playback on HR20 national release is blank. Seems to download ok, and shows correct duration, but nothing plays. Tried multiple times with same result. Downloaded and played SD version fine. Hoping DirecTV will see this and fix it. This would be the only HD video of this brilliant accapella group I've ever seen anywhere.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Not sure why you posted this three times, but I'll try downloading it to see if I have the same problem.

3. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Sorry about that. Google chrome didn't seem to want to post, so it appeared to fail several times from my end.

EDIT: This post went without a hitch. Go figure.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  5. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Thanks. Didn't know such a thing existed.

I deleted the duplicate posts.

6. ejjames

ejjames Icon

Oct 2, 2006
    trange you should mention this, I played my take 6 christmas CD last night for the first time in about 10 years.

7. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    <OT>
    Been a big fan of theirs since the beginning. Their latest CD is worth checking out.
    </OT>

After reporting the problem in great detail, I just got a canned response about the blank recording bug (which has nothing to do with this issue) stating "black screen may appear during playback of recorded programs" on HD DVR receivers. "Please write us back and include the program title, channel ...". That's what I included to begin with. So they appear to be clueless.

EDIT: After a couple more emails, it's been fixed. Thanks, D*. Sorry I doubted you ;-)