1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by jrembree, Oct 1, 2009.

1. jrembree

jrembree Cool Member

Nov 17, 2006
    I recorded the premier of Greys Anatamy last thursday for my wife and after 18 minutes, it reverts back to the start. I reset it but it still does it. Any ideas or should I just delete it

thanks

2. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    The only other thing you could try is pulling the power cord out of the receiver for a few minutes. Sometimes this can clear up problems a simple reboot won't fix. If that doesn't do it, then I'd say you might as well delete the recording.

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    One other thing you can try is to jump to the end of the recording and then rewind to just after the problem spot. Depending on the issue with the recording, this sometimes does work.

- Merg

4. Scott in FL

Scott in FL Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Interesting. The same thing happened to me (same show, same night).

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Was it at the same time that you have the problem? Is there a chance with either of you that the signal might have been lost (bad weather, rain fade, etc.)?

- Merg

6. jrembree

jrembree Cool Member

Nov 17, 2006
    There was no weather problem for me. I live in Huntington Beach, Ca.

How do you skip forward in the recording. I tried to fast forward but it just came back to the beginning

thanks

7. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Try using "skip to tick": Press the FF button, then press the Skip/Slip ( ->| ) button to jump ahead to the next tick mark.

8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Press and hold the Skip Ahead button and it will jump to the end of the recording. Try it on a good recording first so you can see how it is supposed to work. Press and hold on the Skip Back button will jump you to the beginning of the recording.

- Merg

9. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Or you can press and hold the FF or RW buttons.

- Merg