1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with 1st gen RCA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by RedLance, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedLance

RedLance New Member

Jan 21, 2003
    I'm having some weird problems with my old RCA receiver. It loses channels randomly. It's not odd or even channels, it's blocks. Like, for instance, I've lost 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 1nd 295, but I get 296, but not 297 or 298, but I do get 299 and 300. Those may not be the exact channels that I'm missing, but you get the jist. I have another IRD connected to the same dish, and it gets all channels with no problems.

Any ideas, other then get a new IRD?

Thanks!

RedLance

2. Bud

Bud Guest

Cable problems sometimes cause channels and/or groups of channels to cut out. If the other receiver is fine, you know the dish and probably the LNB are ok. Try taking the good receiver to the location you're having trouble with and see what happens. If you also have problems with the 2nd receiver, you've pretty much narrowed it down to a bad cable or connectors. Also, try a hard reset by unplugging the unit from the wall for 30 seconds then plugging it back in. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.