1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Dish Online

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by TheFoxMan, Aug 14, 2011.

1. TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan AllStar

Aug 25, 2008
    Marion, Iowa
    Is Dish Online hosed up tonight, or is it just a personal problem? It took a couple tries to get Dish Online to load, then it took a very long time to move between pages (e.g. load Home page or Shows from the Guide page).

2. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    Join the club...it been screwy along with RA from the beginning, at least for me. I like many manage with multiple logins, alternating between RA and DO even my Sling account. Login issues, guide issues, reloading issues blah blah blab.
    Sling as DISH does it could be at the end of the string......I don't believe the brass knows how to fix it or...... how to make it stable.

3. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    There is a known issue with Dishonline.com that starting around 4:45 MDT, customers are experiencing very high latency. We are working on the problem with Sling, which should hopefully be available soon. At this moment, there is no estimated time for the fix

4. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Just updated to FF6.0... I have same Window 7 at home and at work, Dish online worked at work (add-on installed), but home it says not compatible.

5. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    Dish uses a lot of Flash animation, which in itself can cause lots of problems - high cpu and power usage, hangups, and crashes. Apple made a wise decision in not including flash with IOS.

6. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Firefox 6 is not compatible with the plugin Dish uses. When I updated Firefox disabled the plugin.

7. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    Maybe it was a wise decision but it also crippled the end-user experience becuase so many sites use flash. (I have an iPad)