1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with HDMI and H20 receiver just installed.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by blademaster, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blademaster

blademaster Cool Member

Jun 4, 2007
    I just hooked up my HD(H20-100) Direct Tv receiver to my Samsung 4095dx (1080p model) via HDMI. However when i turn the receiver on the video and audio on the tv go off and on every few seconds. I have tried the presets for 720p and 1080i and it happens both ways. I have tried connecting via hdmi1 and hdmi2 and the same thing happens. However when i hook up via component cables to the TV the hd works but i cannot get sound even though i have the optical cable plugged into the receiver and tv.

I had this receiver hooked up to my projector(dtv tech installed) in the living room and everything worked fine(also via hdmi) 720p projector.

This is the first time ive ever tried to use hdmi. Any suggestions? Im hoping that both my HDMI ports are not fubarred for whatever reason as ive never used them. I bought the TV new around Xmas time.

Someone on the AVS forum said possibly upgrading my firmware on the receiver will help but im not sure what i need or how to do that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Another question, my roommate has the bill in his name, and they wanted a credit card for the install i had to pay $99+shipping for a total of $128 is this supposed to be credited back to the directv account? Im just wondering because my roommate did not tell me this and he is gonna cough up some cash if this is the case. Also they never shipped me the receiver the tech showed up with one new in a box.

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    The H20-100 and some Samsung TVs have an HDMI incompatibility, there are many posts about it. Most people just use component video connections. The next software update for the H20-100 is in test and seesm to solve the problem; it should go to national release soon and will be automatically downloaded to your H20.
    The problem with the optical audio is most likely a settings problem on your TV. Make sure the TV is set for the correct input and also that there is only one set of cables connected for sound.

3. rjc

rjc Legend

Jan 26, 2006
    Any idea as to when this update will be released? Days or weeks?

4. blademaster

blademaster Cool Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Hi,

will i get the update if i dont have a phone line installed to the receiver? i dont havve a landline phone so will there still be a way for me to get the update?

5. cavihitts

cavihitts Godfather

Mar 11, 2007
    Yes the update will occur through the sat. You do not need a phone line and it should not require any action by you.

6. cavihitts

cavihitts Godfather

Mar 11, 2007
    It may be a while before this is fixed. I'm not sure if they have narrowed down exactly what the compatibility issue is.

7. beavis

beavis Icon

Jun 8, 2005
    It's the MStar chipset that is using a different version of the HDMI protocol, IIRC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.