1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Problems with HR24-500s in RF Mode

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Rich, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Anybody else seeing problems using their HR24-500s with the remotes in RF mode? I have five 24-500s and two of them don't work correctly when in RF. I do know that if you try to keep operating them in RF mode when this happens the HR will have what seems to amount to a nervous breakdown that they will not recover from. Just happened to me a bit ago with another 24-500.

Both 24-500s do work well in IR mode and they are in a room that is ideal for using IR remotes.

I flushed the Guide data in both sets and that did nothing. I know there's nothing wrong with the HDDs. Meanwhile, the other three HR24-500s are working correctly in RF mode.

Rich

2. FHSPSU67

FHSPSU67 CE'er & Retired Engineer DBSTalk Club

Jan 12, 2007
    Windber, PA
    I just switched my one HR24-500 from IR to RF mode yesterday so time will tell. Works fine so far.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I can't figure out why two of the same model would do the same thing at the same time.

Rich