1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Program #2 Remote into Universal remote?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rlu929s, Feb 12, 2009.

1. rlu929s

rlu929s AllStar

Aug 9, 2006
    Is there as way to get the #2 remote that is used for the 2nd source for my 722 programmed into a universal remote. I know it has a longer range so I didn't know if it'd work or not.

2. Ozzie 33

Ozzie 33 Cool Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I personnally have not tried it but a Dish installer told me he did program his Dish remote into a universal Harmony brand remote. I don't know if it was the #2 with the UHF or not.

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Universal remotes are usually IR and the TV2 remote is UHF so the answer is No for the typical remote. I don't keep up with the remote world so perhaps some UHF universal remotes exist now, but that's the first thing to watch out for.

4. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    No Harmony's are able to be programmed with Dish's RF - IR certainly. I have a Harmony remote that does RF - but only to a proprietary Harmony RF Extender that receives the RF and emits IR for control. (And also RF for Z-wave products - light dimmers, etc.)

5. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I've been thinking about just this for a few months now. I am starting to get a number of remotes in my bedroom where I use my second 622 remote. I hope Harmony comes up with something I can use in there just as I use a Harmony in my living room.

6. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Get a 21.0 remote from E* its a learning remote. Not as fancy as the Harmony ones, but does the job well for me.

7. rlu929s

rlu929s AllStar

Aug 9, 2006
    So these new remote allow you learn...that would work since there are some newer device such as a bluray player my current remote is not able to learn and that would work.

8. rlu929s

rlu929s AllStar

Aug 9, 2006
    Well got my remote today and it does increase the range and I get much better response for dish stuff but still no luck with my bluray player even with the learning feature.

Apparently whatever I picked up is using a bad protocol or something the dish remote does not understand.