1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Program remote for hr24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by supermod38, Mar 9, 2013.

1. supermod38

supermod38 Mentor

Jan 16, 2013
    Central VA.
    OK, i just got lost..............i bought a OWNED HR24 but it will not respond to any remote. !! i have three and i get the same thing on all. have tried resettig to factory on all three remotes and they still don't work.! i tried all the codes that they list on the D* site. from 00001, to 00006, then some of the others they list in the search. no luck. my brain is on Vacation so i guess i need some HELP............................thanks.:confused::confused::confused:

2. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    It sounds like the DVR is expecting the remote to be in RF mode.

Try this:

1. Hold Mute + Select until the light at the top flashes.
    2. Enter 961 and then page/channel up.
    3. Enter the last 6 digits of the RID.
    4. Press select

That will put the remote in RF mode.

The only other option would be to use the front panel buttons to put the unit back in IR mode.

3. supermod38

supermod38 Mentor

Jan 16, 2013
    Central VA.
    thanks a lot for the quick response...................

that did not work, i also have a remote that is NOT RF capable. that won't work either, the remotes are, RC64R and RC65..............i did however get the remotes to work on my deactivated H20, so now i am further in la,la land :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OK , solved, kept messing with it now it works, don't know what i did but all is well, thank you