1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Programming a RC23 remote for Sony DAV-DX375

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by dhydrick, Nov 25, 2012.

1. dhydrick

dhydrick New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Using one of my "spare" RC23 Directv remotes on my main TV (den). Got my Sharp Aquos programmed with no problem. However, when I tried all codes for the Sony DAV-DX375 surround sound, could get none to work the volume. I did get a couple of codes to turn the thing on-off but not the volume. The old, physically worn-out RC23 did it (still does) just fine but I can't remember how I programmed it a few years ago. It seems like I pointed the RC23 and the Sony remote at each other and then did "something". But I could be wrong. Any suggestions...I've searched the internet to no avail? BTW, while I'm on a roll, the only way I can get sound out is by having the DX375 in VCR mode...is this common?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Find and program one of the codes that turns the unit off.
    Then with the selector in the same AV spot , AV1 or AV2, that you programmed the AV receiver,
    Program in 993 and then press the Select button

This will set the volume to the AVR.

For the second part, how do you have the DTV receiver connected to the AVR ?

3. dhydrick

dhydrick New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    on and off. I then programmed in 993 and hit select but no good. I gave up after three tries. I would input 993 with both the unit off and then with it on...still won't control the volume.

I appreciate your help...

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    There has to be tv code programmed to the tv device or the volume keys won't work.

with tv in, sony 31658 programmed to AV1 or AV2, to get the volume:

1. av1 or av2
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
    3. enter 9 9 3
    4. press SELECT

5. dhydrick

dhydrick New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    thank you