1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programming Confusion

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bamanick, May 13, 2009.

1. bamanick

bamanick Mentor

Feb 23, 2007
    Hi everyone; I'm a new Dish subscriber and my head is spinning as to what the "actual" programming choices are. For instance: If I subscribe to one of the Classic packages do you only get standard definitions of those channels or if there are high def versions do you get both? Or do you have to subscribe to the Turbo packages to get "any" hd programming? Tried doing a search here to find this info and didn't see it (if I missed it please forgive me for starting a new thread); also tried to find it on the dish site and whew was that a ride. :grin:

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It's totally confusing. Classic packages are SD unless you add HD for $10/mo more. I have a chart here trying to give a picture of what's what for myself as I'm waiting for the day I can shift to TurboHD which apparently will be never because Dish is not adding the new HD channels to Turbo packages. The chart was developed using the TurboHD channel lists and the Classic channel lists on the Dish website as well as cross-checking with the EKB site.

I have updated it since the last HD additions and correcting errors folks pointed out before. It's probably not perfect, but it should help.

3. satjay

satjay AllStar

Nov 20, 2006
  4. bamanick

bamanick Mentor

Feb 23, 2007
    Thanks folks I surely do appreciate your assistance. :):)