1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Programming in the clear on Dish

Discussion in 'FTA / Non Small Dish Satellite Area' started by wyattcox, Jul 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. wyattcox

wyattcox New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Our landlord left Dish Network Receivers and a Multi-LNB dish when they moved.

Curious that if we hooked an off-the-shelf FTA receiver to the feedline if we would get anything.

***NOTE -- I am NOT asking about hacking or pirating, just wanting to see if there's anything ITC right there without having to borrow a ladder and risk my life ***

2. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    the only free channel in the clear is Dish 101...the rest are scrambled

3. Jon Ellis

Jon Ellis Godfather

Dec 28, 2003
    Last time I checked an unactivated receiver several years ago, I could also get NASA TV and AngelOne. Maybe that's changed.

4. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    Those got scrambled earlier this year sadly :(

Cheap Charlie even scrambled the test cards that say "you're on 61.5, 129 etc"