1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

programming remote RC65RX

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by sportflyer, Dec 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    I have given up on making my IR extender work with the HR24-200 receiver so I bought a RC65RX remote. Do I program the remote with IR first then switch the remote and the HR24 over to RF ? Since I bought the remote from ebay stores , I am not sure I will get a manual with the remote.

Is there a way to read the code that is being stored for the TV in my current remote RC65 so I don't have to search for the TV code again. The installer set it up the first time for me.

Tks

2. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    I would PM EDMUND (The Remote Master) for his help as he is the Best at these remote things!!!

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise DBSTalk Club

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Go to the setup menu and select Remote Control, then IR/RF setup. For the code, you will need the last six digits of the RID, which you can find by pressing the dash key on the remote.

4. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    Even simpler, the Hx24/25/34 will self program the X series of remotes.

5. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Really!!!

Well, knock me over with a Feather!!! :lol:

Who would have Thunk it!!! :hurah:

6. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. I found how to read the code that is used for my TV from the RC65 manual I downloaded from DirecTV . I guess I will try the autosetup route when I receive the RF controller.