1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Programming the remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kokomogator, Feb 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kokomogator

kokomogator New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    I would like to program 2 different RF remotes to operate the same HR21. Is this possible while still using one of the remotes on another 21 that is located in a different room? I have searched Direct's site and they have options of having 1 remote for several different receivers but cannot find how I can program one of the remotes on AV1 for the other receiver. Sorry if I am not explaining clearly.

Any help is appreciated :confused:

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Yes you can. Program both remotes to control the same unit RF. All you have to do is run through the same setup on both remotes and they will both control it RF.

Then change the 2nd HR21 to AV1/AV2 under the remote setup screen in the menu and program it to work either RF or IR with the toggle on the remote moved to AV1.

3. kokomogator

kokomogator New Member

Apr 2, 2008
    thanks I'll try that