1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

programs are "pausing" for 10-20 secs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by cody21, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cody21

cody21 Icon

Sep 26, 2007
    This is bazaar. We;ve had the HR20-700 for 6 months, and really, it has been pretty flawless (except the lip sync stuff as noted by many).

A week ago, we started getting this strange issue: When watching live TV or a recorded episode of something, the program just PAUSES mid-stream ... we haven't pressed the remote or anything. We wait 10-20 secs and it un-Pauses. Will play for a few minutes and do the same thing over again. We've tried pressing PAUSE/PLAY, etc - but is seems to "buffer" our action until the unit finished whatever the heck it was doing ... then responds to the button we had pushed.. very bazaar.... and very annoying. Our feeling is that the DVR/Buffer is "busy" doing something ... what, we don't know. (we're NOT recording anything at the time - just watching REAL time or something we recorded earlier.)

We've "pressed the red button" several times now in an attempt to RESET everything.

We received an update (0x1fe) back on 2/12/2008 - so we've had the national release for nearly 5 weeks without any problems until last week.

Anyone ever see this behavior? Possible bad DISK blocks???? (Can we re-format it???)

2. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    Hard drive is failing.

3. cody21

cody21 Icon

Sep 26, 2007

hmmm.... what kind of options will we have with D* ???? IYO, can we call them and will they "willingly" swap out this unit? I don't want to spend 2 hours on the phone if I don't have to... :-(

4. cody21

cody21 Icon

Sep 26, 2007
    edit: I added this information to the thread for the National release of 0x1fe. Seems that others are ALSO seeing this issue.... sounds more like a recently-introduced firmware issue ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.