1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Props where due

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Xyzzy.dude, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Xyzzy.dude

Xyzzy.dude Cool Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I recently noticed that a particularly annoying problem I was having before, the switch checks disrupted tv watching on all Joeys when the hopper is brought out of standby, appears to be fixed now. Hasn't happened in a long while. Thanks!

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    It is known fact - during switch test all functioning of any receiver/DVR is stopping.

It was just something what force your h2k to do that check out of standby. Better get the reason than relax with new version of FW, IMHO.

3. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Not to worry, it WAS a firmware fix for those of us expriencing in on the Eastern Arc. He should worry if it's not doing it anymaore?

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    I mean, need to worry if the 'fix' is just mask the real problem.

5. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    I understand. In this case it was a check switch every day the first time out of standby after the nightly update. A DIRT member kindly told those of us on the Eastern Arc without 77, experiencing the problem that it was a known issue and a fix was in the works. Since that firmware update, it has not happened once. The OP should not worry about other issues if that was his circumstance. 77 was never necessary in many DMAs.