1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

protecting a timer

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dclaryjr, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dclaryjr

dclaryjr Godfather

Mar 10, 2007
    My 622 is connected to my main TV in the living room, but is also connected to a small TV in my office. I have a timer that records PTI and SportsCenter on ESPN every weekday. On a couple of occasions, one of my grandkids was in my office on the computer, and they changed the channel while I was recording. They had to go past the screen that told them they had to cancel the recording to do so but they didn't let that phase em!:) I think they now understand not to mess with my recording, but I was wondering if there was anyway to protect that timer so that someone with the TV2 remote can't cancel it on me.

2. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    No, to my knowledge there is not. That warning is your only protection.

3. dclaryjr

dclaryjr Godfather

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks! I did think of another way--hide the UHF remote!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.