1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 and NAT

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by machavez00, Feb 8, 2010.

1. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Has any had any luck with changing NAT3 to NAT2/1? I have tried several different methods I found via internet search, no luck. (port forwarding and PPPoE) I have my PS3 connected to a Netgear gigabit ethernet switch that is connect to my Netopia 3347-02 DSL modem. I have tried the .11g connection as well with no luck.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I ended up putting my PS3 in a DMZ with a static IP. I have a Westell 327W DSL modem that I turned off all firewall and filtering. My Linksys WRT400N handles all traffic, and the PS3 is in a DMZ there.

Actually, I think I had type 2 before the DMZ, but playing MW2 I had weird lag or something even hardwired. Once I made the change it was smooth.

3. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Using an Airport Express hardwired to the PS3 no problems.

4. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    OK folks here is what I did and it works, getting a NAT type 1. All you have to do is enable Concurrent Bridging/Routing and use PPoE on the PS3. You DO NOT need to use IP passthrough. The PS3 will get it's own IP address from the ISP. If you want to stream, go back and do auto setup and you are back on your home network. It's a bit of a pain , but you need only go PPoE when you play online games.