1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

PS3 "coffin" box to send to Sony

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by mike1977, Dec 28, 2012.

1. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    How long does it take to get the coffin box? I called Wednesday night to set up an exchange for a slim, since my old, fat CECHE01 died.

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Give it at least 5 business days, and since its the holiday season, it may take longer. If you just called Wednesday night, it appears you havent even allowed 48 hours.

3. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Good luck with the exchange. I've been though 3 thus far. It usually takes about a week from the time you ship your old one off until the exchange hits your door.

The first one they sent me was DOA, the second lasted 3 months and now I'm on the 3rd once whch is going on 4 months on it's own.....

All had the YLOD (yellow light of death). The older units weren't vented as well as the new ones; however they too can still have an overheating issue if placed in an enclosed area.

Just remmeber that the new PS slims are not backwards compatible (with PS 1 or PS2 games), have only 2 USB ports and no memory card readers as your prior model contained. There are accessories available to to overcome the last 2 shortfalls.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    The biggest loss for me would be losing the SACD playback capability that my second gen unit has. Inexcusable for Sony to remove that.

5. fireponcoal

fireponcoal Icon

Sep 26, 2009
    Always wanted to try this feature but have never wanted to go out of my way to actually purchase a sacd. Better do it soon before I get the dreaded ylod.

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    There are many many titles still readily available, even occasionally a few at BB or some other big box stores. Even more specific, the older PS3's supported SACD playback over HDMI...something my current universal player does not.

7. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    I thought I would have received an email by now.

8. kirko

kirko New Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Coffin box?... I'm not familiar with it at all?...

9. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    lol It was just a box with instructions and prepaid label to put over the one used to send it to me.