1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Owners: Do you use your PS3 as a Blu-ray player?

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by ebaltz, Jan 9, 2008.

Do you use your PS3 as a Blu-ray player?

1. Yes, I love the Blu-ray player in my PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I only play games with it

81.3%
  3. What is Blu-ray?

18.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 9, 2008 #1 of 10
    ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Someone here challenged Sony's numbers, so I thought I would do a little poll of my own. PS3 owners only please.

2. Jan 9, 2008 #2 of 10
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You must realize of course that a poll on an internet forum like this is going to be useless for describing the average consumer. If anyone participates in this poll and votes anything other than knowing they can play Blu ray in their PS3, then they are probably not being honest.

The handful of folks (apologies to DBSTalk!) who participate in this forum no doubt are much more keenly aware of their PS3 than is the average consumer.

3. Jan 9, 2008 #3 of 10
    Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
    I would say that most people buying a PS3 know it can play Blu-Ray. The big Blu-Ray logo on the front of the box should let everyone else know.

4. Jan 9, 2008 #4 of 10
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    My primary reason for even considering a PS3... is because of it's Blu-Ray feature.

Without that feature... PS3 wouldn't even enter my train of thought as a possible purchase.

While my son loves the Rachet and Clank series... He is more then happy with the 360 and the Wii... so the games would be played, simply because I have the option to do so.

So as for a consumer thinking of purchasing... Blu-Ray is the primary reason

5. Jan 9, 2008 #5 of 10
    Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
    Earl...same for me Bluray was the primary reason for getting it even though all the gamers I knew said to get an XBOX360. I was not interested in the gaming part however I have found a few games exclusive to the PS3 that I really like.

6. Jan 9, 2008 #6 of 10
    Pinion413

Pinion413 Icon

Oct 20, 2007
    Even though I don't own one just yet, the Blu-Ray capability may be the sole reason I purchase one.

I am more than happy with our 360, Wii, and various other consoles for gaming concerns. :grin:

7. Jan 9, 2008 #7 of 10
    Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    If this poll were posted in the Underwater Basket Weaving forums or the "Fill in the Blank" forums, the results would most likely be out of phase by about 180 degrees from here. This is not the place to get an accuate representation.

8. Jan 9, 2008 #8 of 10
    elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    I purchased ours mainly for it's Blu-Ray, and for one particular game (Eye of Judgement). Figured it was a good hedge just in case the "war" went the other way....

9. Jan 9, 2008 #9 of 10
    texaswolf

texaswolf Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2007
    How funny! That was me who challenged Sony's numbers...i mentioned a survey done in August 2007 where 40% of ps3 owners were aware or used the BR player (xbox was in a poll also)....he came back with the most recent numbers 2 days ago of 87% used it for the BR player...those numbers came from....Sony...what a surprise.

This was all do to the "numbers" game on players sold...again.
    I was trying to make him realize that not every PS3 was bought as a BR player.

Next time you want to get results from ps3 users i wouldn't post a poll on a Satellite/Tech forum:nono2:

10. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Last time I'm going to say this. One thread regarding the war and HD-DVD, PS3, Blu-Ray, Sony etc.

Closing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.