1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Puerto Rico on US satellites help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by trinidex, Aug 13, 2013.

1. trinidex

trinidex New Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Sorry if this has been asked/answered, I did a search and came back to the Transponder Map information.

I'm looking for information on the switch of Puerto Rico programming from the 95 satellite to 99, 103 and 110 satellites.

Can someone tell me more about this switch and what equipment it uses: Receiver, LNB etc. ?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I found about this because of the Transponder Map data found on this site, which is why I signed up to ask. Thanks to the creator of that resource.

2. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    IIRC, from a resident on PR under the screen name "Luispr14," who kept us abreast here in the states of the transition to DIRECTV USA satellite resources at the time and another poster named "Rafael" who didn't actually live on the island I understand, but was familiar with the latest goings-on there. PR subscribers are now using the same Slimline-5 dish as here in the states to receive from the 99, 103, and 110 satellite slots with the 101 and 119 ones not being used.

And so far the receivers available were last reported to only be the HR24 HD-DVR and H25 HD ones. Or for SD only subscribers, what appears to be also the H25 receiver with its software locked down to receive only SD channels. Don't think the Genie is available there yet.

The rest of the installation is essentially just like here in the U.S. for SWiM types installs at least from what I can tell. Except that Whole Home service is still called the "NEXUS" as it is for DIRECTV L.A.

1 person likes this.
  3. trinidex

trinidex New Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Thank you HoTat2 -that's very useful information. :up: