1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Purchased an owned 222k from a friend. Doesn't work. Need the smartcard # out of it to get it repla

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by kfx4001442, Apr 21, 2013.

1. kfx4001442

kfx4001442 New Member

Apr 21, 2013
    AL
    I bought a Vip222k from a friend. He owned it, not leased it. The problem I'm having is that it will not boot up. It just stays on the "Starting Up..." screen. I called Dish to have it added and get it replaced, but they said they cant add it or replace without the smart card #. It is internal of course. What can I do?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    ask CSR to send new card for you

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I can't remember, so I could be wrong... but if it is still an internal smart card... aren't those numbers on the original packaging? They might even be on the rear panel of the receiver.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    it's already obsolete, need new external card anyway

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... but if it is on the back of the receiver that might help him convince the CSR to help him.

6. kfx4001442

kfx4001442 New Member

Apr 21, 2013
    AL
    Only number on the back is the R#. No smart card number and original packaging is long gone. Will they send me a new smart card?

7. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Give them the R# and they should be able to access the S# in their records for that receiver. They may not give it to you but they should be able to access it in their records of your friend.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    you could try keep pressing SysInfo button during boot time

9. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Hi, I would be happy to look into this for you! Can you please send me a PM with the receiver number? Thank you.