1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting the HR20 in Standby Mode

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by duce55, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duce55

duce55 Mentor

Jan 6, 2007
    Have only had my HR20 a short time and would like to know how to put the DVR in standby mode. I have been just turning it off at night, but if I can put it in standby mode, that would be great.

2. markrubi

markrubi Icon

Oct 12, 2006

Off = standby

3. duce55

duce55 Mentor

Jan 6, 2007
    Thanks

4. Just J

Just J Crivens!

Oct 11, 2006
    Note - some of the data collected regarding box failures and other issues suggests that the odds of problems are higher for those who put their HR20's into standby. SO you may want to avoid this. You can dim the wheel of lights if that's an issue, or put a note card or something in front of it if it's still to bright.

5. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    I must have misread that...I thought it was the reverse...uggghhhh.

And for the OP: it will still hum (way too loudly in my opinion) while it's in standby...it's starting to drive my wife crazy in the middle of the night.

6. GBFAN

GBFAN Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    I have turned mine off every night since October and it seems to work fine.

7. BobV

BobV Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    I leave my HR20 in standby with no problems.
    (Unless I need to sneak to the kitchen for a snack I turn it on, Them blue leds are
    great for a nite light...):new_popco

8. macEarl

macEarl Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    I've read this before, however, mine is quiet - on standby or left on all night in the bedroom. My Dtivo that it replaced drove me nuts. Ditto for the HR20 that replaced my HR10 in the living room.

I'm not going deaf or hard of hearing - promise. This is evidently another unit-to-unit variation in manufacturing.....

9. BobV

BobV Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    I agree, My HR20 is quite compared to the HR10.
    With the Hr10 it depended what hard drive was inside.(Sometimes it sounded like a
    UFO taking off!!):rolling:

10. macEarl

macEarl Godfather

Jan 1, 2007
    As I'm in New Mexico, I'm qualified to say that you couldn't be more right about that sound! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.