1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

PVR501 CallerID

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by -, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new PVR501 on the $199 deal. I found this board in search of info, so this is my first post as well.

I absolutely love my PVR. It's great!

I read several posts on Deja saying the PVR will eventually get CallerID. Does anyone know if this is true and when we can expect to see it? I have only been without it (I had a Model 5000) for a day and I miss it already (I know, tough life <g>).

Sincerely,

Dave

2. Guest

Hi Dave and welcome to DBSTalk.Com! Nice to have you here.

Caller ID for the PVR 501 has been "promised" but no date has been set. Right now it's pretty much up in the air when it will get implimented. There is a PVR 508 coming out which is basically a 501 with a bigger hard drive that is also slated to get caller ID.

I guess we will see.

3. Guest

Welcome aboard, Dave. It's possible that we may see caller id including in the next software revision for the 501. The search feature has been promised as a new upgrade "by the superbowl" which gives them another 3 weeks to get it done. If it's not there (assuming that we get the upgrade), watch the next tech forum on Feb 11. They may touch on it then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.