1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR921

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by -, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

I heard that the PVR921 will have HDTV built in. Anyone know if this might be able to record HDTV. I have not heard of anything being to record that format. Does anyone have any info on the 921 at all. Coming from Dish, the hardware probably sucks. Wish they would leave that to someone who knows how to make receivers. My son has Diretivo and loves it. Works 100% of the time. I live in the mountians and I have the network waivers. If it was not for that, I would have switched a long time ago. Without sat. I get nothing. No cable, no air, nothing. So I am stuck with this outfit and it is driving me nuts.

2. Guest

The 921 will be an HDPVR capable of recording HDTV. There has been no other news on the 921, I have no idea if E* even has a protoype built yet. Dont look for this product for another year or so.

3. Guest

Dish had a 921 proto at CES in January. I think this one's still a ways out (sometime in 2003).

4. Guest

This unit is being built by JVC. The JVC version's slated release is June 2002

5. Guest

No offence but, ya right! We probably wont see the 721 by June, and the 921 for another year if ever.

6. Guest

If we do see the "new line" of receivers; their mere appearance may speak volumes to the future of STB's with the merged company.... or maybe not...?

7. Guest

I say let Thomsom, a company that knows how to make quality STBs, make all the future receivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.