1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quesrtions before I switcvh . . .

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by pakcyclist, Mar 6, 2010.

1. pakcyclist

pakcyclist Mentor

Aug 13, 2009
    Its looking more likely now that I'll be switching from DTV to Dish (due to the Versus fiasco). Before I do:

Assuming I can get any kind of "deal" (I had Dish 5 or 6 years ago) who has the best one? (I have CenturyLink for my phone, wanted to bundle, but from what I saw on their website, their prices are MORE than the standard Dish rates . . . unless they have some "unadvertised specials?")

If I can pick which receiver I can get -- preferably a dual tuner -- is there a best one? (BTW, do they still have the UHF remotes . . . I REALLY miss that!)

I don't have an HDTV yet -- and no immediate plans to do so -- but could I get an HD receiver and use it in SD for now, instead of upgrading later?

Anyone know if the contract with Versus is up soon?!?!?!?! (Ironically, I last switched to DTV because DISH dropped Versus back then!!)

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    722k is the best unit you can get (imo) and it serves one HDTV and one SDTV simultaneously. It is a dual-satellite-tuner, plus a dual-OTA-tuner card is available.

Versus isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

3. fryguy503

fryguy503 Legend

Sep 3, 2009
    Make sure you get HD right away with your Initial install or you may pay more later on.

As long as you left your previous dish account with no balance and left it Voluntary you will get all new customer promo's

W/24mo Contract ( Assuming your credit qualify's )

DHA24
    $15/mo X 12/mo
    Service Plan ( Former DHPP ) Free 6/mo
    Free HBO/Show 3/mo
    Free Install
    No Activation
    First Receiver at no cost, 2nd and 3rd at discounted price.

Get a 722(k) rcvr even if you only have 1tv. Yes a 612 is a nice rcvr but you wont pay anymore for a 722 as your first rcvr and you get optional TV2 Output or if you dont use that you get PIP where as the 612 does not have it. Yes they still have UHF remotes.

4. pakcyclist

pakcyclist Mentor

Aug 13, 2009
    Thank for the info! One more ???: What kind of outputs does the 722 have? On my current DTV receiver, I have the S-video connected to my main TV, then the co-ax cable running to my bedroom TV. Does it have both of those? (If those 2 are only from 1 of the tuners, that's fine.)

5. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    TV1 has HDMI, Component, optical audio, S-Video, RCA and coax through the Tv2 output or on the OTA module. TV2 has RCA and coax.