1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about 625

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by nickolasj80, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickolasj80

nickolasj80 New Member

May 28, 2006
    I just ordered Dish, and ordered the DVR option for two tv's, non-HD.
    It is my assumption I will be getting the 625?
    I used to have cable, with a dual tuner dvr, but it did not have the 2 tv ability so I am a bit confused. I used to be able to watch something, while something else was being recorded on the other tuner, will this still be the case? What if...someone is watching something (live) on one tv, and someone else is watching something different on the other TV (live), plus recording something else...is this possible?

Thanks,
    Nickolas

2. robert koerner

robert koerner Icon

Aug 20, 2005
    The unit only has two tuners.

After you get used to recording whatever you are interested in, you will probably watch what you have recorded, and have the unit recording more shows for you to watch whenever you like.

I watch what has been recorded while my unit records one to two programs at the same time.

It takes a while to get used to, not having to be in front of your TV to watch a show you like; plus, I use the 30 second skip to bypass commercials I don't have any interest in.

Today, I watched the Friday night Letterman show, while my DVR was recording a NASCAR race, and a free preview movie.

3. colavsfaninnwia

colavsfaninnwia Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    Your "what if " question of watching 2 live events on 2 TVs while recording a third is not possible unless the 2 TVs are watching the SAME live event. However, you can record 2 live events while watching 2 different previously recorded events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.